Tuesday, 29 December 2015

Gaston de Foix, Count of Nemours Command Vignette Composition

With the Ravenna game at the back of my mind as I rapidly (OK, sort of rapidly) plough my way through the minatures for the Hastings game I've found myself messing around with the composition of what will be the main command base; Gaston de Foix, Count of Nemours who of course led the French army at Ravenna during The War of the League of Cambrai.

A commander noted for his brilliance in directing the campaign that would ultimately lead up to Battle of Ravenna and defeat of the Holy League army lead by Ramon de Cardona.

I've been trying to decide whether or not to include The Assault Group Imperial guards, who make for very good French Guards in terms of their dress, or leave them out entirely and possibly include another heraldic banner? Perhaps the Royal Banner of France? The Landsckecht type chap holding Gaston's personal banner (from Warlord/ ex Pro Gloria) obviously has a very 'German' sense of style but this I'm not too worried about as national styles and fashions, although undoubtedly varied were open to influence by other nations. Perhaps The Assault Group will do some Early 16th Century French? That is something that I will have to remember to ask Pete about.

I'll be adding a horse holder which will likely be converted following the excellent advice of Stuart in his Army Royal Blog

If you're of a mind to, then please let me know what you think of the composition. do the Guards go? Or do they stay?




Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment